Requirements for an overnight stay in a Viennese hotel - the Austrian 2,5G Rule:
Check-in with the proof that you have been PCR-tested, vaccinated, or recovered.
The general requirement to provide proof in Vienna applies to those aged 6 and above.
For the Check-In at arrival at the hotel, a negative PCR-corona test, vaccination confirmation, or proof of recovery of a Covid-19 infection is required.
The certificates within the EU Green Pass are valid certificates, if they are up-to-date (see validity period of tests)
Updated rules in Vienna from October 1st:
o Mainly FFP2 mask requirement
o Antigen tests are no longer valid - this does not apply to children under the age of 12, for whom antigen tests are still valid. In exceptional cases, an antigen test is permitted in the hotel industry for hotel guests from abroad.
o 2.5G regulation: (PCR-tested, vaccinated, recovered) gastronomy and hotels, close contact services, visits to hospitals and care facilities.
o 2G rule: (vaccinated, recovered) night gastronomy, discos, bars, get-togethers with more than 500 people, both indoors and outdoors
- tested - the following applies to corona tests: The tests must be issued by an authorized official test center (test street, test center, pharmacy, doctor, „Alles Gurgelt“,…)
- Self tests are not valid and antigen-tests are not valid for people aged 12 and older
- For people aged 12 and older, PCR tests are valid for 48 hours
- For children between the ages of 6 and 12, PCR tests are valid for 72 hours, antigen tests for 48 hours.
- vaccinated - The following rules apply to people who have been vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Austria (currently Biontec/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson):
- The proof of vaccination for fully vaccinated people is valid for 360 days from the date of the second vaccination.
- Vaccines that are given as a single dose (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) are valid from the 22nd day after the vaccination for a total of 270 days from the date of vaccination.
- The vaccination is valid for 360 days from the date of the vaccination for recovered people who have been vaccinated once.
- The third vaccination (or the second vaccination for single vaccines and those who have recovered) is valid for 360 days.
- recovered - Proof of recovery:
- Official separation decision: valid for 6 months
- Medical confirmation of a molecular-biologically proven infection: valid for 6 months
- Proof of a positive test for neutralizing antibodies: valid for 3 months
Mask requirements – FFP2 Mask
- The regulations for FFP2 mask compulsory apply to adults and children from the age of 14.
- Mouth and nose protection is sufficient for children between 6 and 14 years of age and pregnant women
- All customers and Visitors are required to wear an FFP2 mask in the food trade and in the whole trade, in public transport, in pharmacies, banks, in closed public places, in cultural institutions (theaters, concert halls, cinemas) as well as in museums, art halls, cultural exhibition halls, libraries, libraries and archives.
- Face shields or chin visors are not considered mouth and nose protection.
- Please always follow the hygiene and health measures in our house.
Which COVID-19 vaccines are accepted for the entry to Austria?
A vaccination certificate or a medical certificate, which confirms a COVID-19 vaccination, about the following COVID-19 vaccines are accepted:
Valid for the entry to Austria and as a vaccination proof (G Rule) access to Hotel & Leisure:
- BioNTech/Pfizer: 2 doses
- AstraZeneca: 2 doses
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen: 1 dose
- Moderna: 2 doses
Only valid for the entry to Austria, not proof for access to Hotel & Leisure:
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac-CoronaVac: 2 doses
Note: Only with the COVID-19 vaccines from BioNTech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna it is possible to gain access (G rule) to restaurants, events, museums and leisure facilities.
Those, who have a vaccination with Sinopharm, Sinovac-CoronaVac or Sputnik, will have to present a detailled antigen test, which is valid for 90 days, or an up to date, valid negative test result (fast Antigen Test or PCR Test)
This information was updated on September 29th, 2021 and the information is without guarantee. We kindly ask you to inform yourself about the current rules before your arrival.
For further information we can recommend these pages:
For questions and requests feel free to contact our artists at the reception anytime - we are here around the clock and available via e-mail: email@example.com or phone +4317898899
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Your arte Wien Team