Requirements for an overnight stay in a Viennese hotel, the Austrian 3G Rule:
Check-in with the proof that you have been tested, vaccinated, or recovered.
The requirement for visiting restaurants, hotels, cultural events, and other leisure facilities, is either a negative coronavirus test, proof of a vaccination or medical confirmation of recovery from Covid.
The general requirement to provide proof in Vienna applies to those aged 6 and above.
For the Check-In at arrival at the hotel, a negative corona test, vaccination confirmation, or proof of recovery of a Covid-19 infection is required.
The certificates within the EU Green Pass are valid certificates, if they are up-to-date (see validity period of tests)
The following applies to corona tests:
- The tests must be issued by an authorized official test center (test street, test center, pharmacy, doctor, „Alles Gurgelt“,…)
- Self Tests are not valid
- For people aged 12 and older, PCR tests are valid for 48 hours; antigen tests are valid for 24 hours.
- For children between the ages of 6 and 12, PCR tests are valid for 72 hours, antigen tests for 48 hours.
The following rules apply to people who have been vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Austria (currently Biontec/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson):
- The proof of vaccination for fully vaccinated people is valid for 270 days from the date of the second vaccination.
- Vaccines that are given as a single dose (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) are valid from the 22nd day after the vaccination for a total of 270 days from the date of vaccination.
- The vaccination is valid for 270 days from the date of the vaccination for recovered people who have been vaccinated once.
For people who have recovered, the following applies: After the infection has expired, they are exempt from the obligation to test for 180 days. Evidence includes, for example, a separation notice or a medical confirmation that an infection has been confirmed by molecular biology. Evidence of neutralizing antibodies counts for 90 days from the time of the test.
Mask requirements – FFP2 Mask
• From 15th September 2021, it is compulsory to wear an FFP2 mask in everyday shops (such as supermarkets, pharmacies, post offices, banks) and on public transport.
• From 15th September 2021, an FFP2 mask is mandatory for unvaccinated people in all retail stores for non-daily needs (such as clothing stores), an FFP2 mask recommendation applies to vaccinated people, and mouth and nose protection must be worn in any case.
• Mouth and nose protection must be worn: in closed public places, in museums and at indoor cultural events or in the cinema. Depending on local regulations, mouth and nose protection or an FFP2 mask.
• Face shields or chin visors are not considered as mouth and nose protection.
• In compliance with the 3G rule, there is no mask requirement in the hotel. A mask can be worn, but there is no obligation once valid 3G proof has been provided. (tested, recovered or vaccinated) Please always follow the hygiene and health measures in our house.
Which COVID-19 vaccines are accepted for the entry to Austria?
A vaccination certificate or a medical certificate, which confirms a COVID-19 vaccination, about the following COVID-19 vaccines are accepted:
Valid for the entry to Austria and as a vaccination proof (3G Rule) access to Hotel & Leisure:
- BioNTech/Pfizer: 2 doses
- AstraZeneca: 2 doses
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen: 1 dose
- Moderna: 2 doses
Only valid for the entry to Austria, not proof for access to Hotel & Leisure:
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac-CoronaVac: 2 doses
Note: Only with the COVID-19 vaccines from BioNTech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna it is possible to gain access (3-G rule) to restaurants, events, museums and leisure facilities.
Those, who have a vaccination with Sinopharm, Sinovac-CoronaVac or Sputnik, will have to present a detailled antigen test, which is valid for 90 days, or an up to date, valid negative test result (fast Antigen Test or PCR Test)
This information was updated on September 14th, 2021 and the information is without guarantee. We kindly ask you to inform yourself about the current rules before your arrival.
For questions and requests feel free to contact our artists at the reception anytime - we are here around the clock and available via e-mail: email@example.com or phone +4317898899
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Your arte Wien Team